Join the Katzenpost community
Katzenpost is an open source project that anyone in the community can use, improve, and enjoy. We'd love you to join us! Here's a few ways to find out what's happening and get involved.
Where to Start
We have a lot of repositories! The top-level packages that you’ll probably want to look at first are:
- Katzen a cross-platform minimum viable messenger app in purely in Go using Gioui framework that has extended beyond catchat
- Catshadow is a mix network messaging system. This repository contains a client library which can be used with a Katzenpost mix network. It not only uses strong modern end to end encryption (Noise + Double Ratchet), but it is also designed to reduce the amount of metadata leaked onto the network.
- Client is a mixnet client library you can use to write applications that interact with mixnet services.
- Server is the mix and provider daemons that route messages and run services.
- Authority are the PKI daemons that provide key and service information to the network.
- Server_Plugins are examples of a mixnet service plugins written in golang and rust.
Additional things of interest:
- Dockerized Katzenpost build and run a local Katzenpost mixnet for development and research
- Mixnet Academy papers, presentations, and general mixnet research which has influenced Katzenpost
- Some of our other longer term projects ideas involving future research are documented here in various other tickets